Bachelor of Science in Nursing – 4 years
A degree in Nursing imparts the knowledge and skills necessarily required for preparing the nurses by giving them clinical decision making skill based on theory & research. A life-long learners, graduates are prepared to deliver quality health care for increasingly diverse populations. In nursing services, the nurse works with the members of allied disciples such as dietetics, medical social service, pharmacy etc. in supplying a comprehensive program of patient care in the hospital.
candidate should pass the two year Pre-university examinations equivalent as recognized by RGUHS with science subjects. Obtained at least 50% of the total average marks in PCB & English of the qualifying examination: if belonging to a Schedule Caste or Schedule Tribe of Karnataka, should have obtained not less than 40% of the total marks. Completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete this age on or before 31st December of the year admission. The course of study shall be for academic years from the date of commencement of term noticed by the University. English shall be the medium for the course as well for the examination.
Seminars / Workshops / Guest Lecture / project / Written Test and Examination /Hospital Visit / Clinical Presentation / Health Education.
- After the completion of B.Sc. Nursing (Basic) course the students can join the post-graduate & other professional courses in Nursing, Hospital Management, etc.
- Career in Academics GS Clinical Instructors in Training Institutions.
- Career in Medical Institutions as Nursing Administrator / Professional Nurse.
- Nursing foundations
- Introduction to computers
- Library Work/ Self Study.
- Medical Surgical Nursing (Adult including Geriatrics)
- Community Health Nursing
- Communication & Education Technology
- Library Work / Self-study.
- Medical-Surgical Nursing (Adult including Geriatrics)-II
- Child Health Nursing, Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing
- Library work / Self-study
- Midwifery & Obstetrical Nursing
- Community Nursing-II
- Nursing Research & Statistics
- Management of Nursing Services & Education.